- Permanent contract
- Basic salary of £17,249.16 per annum pro-rota plus:
- Sleep in shifts paid at £72.42 per night (9hrs)
- overtime rates of up to £12.50 per hour
- Enhanced rate for bank holidays
- 28 days paid annual leave (pro-rota)
- Pension contribution
- 40p per mileage when required to use your own vehicle for work purposes
- DBS checks, staff training and development costs are paid for by Nexus-Support including any mileage and expenses incurred.
- £50 Expenses float for new starters to help with first month mileage
- Contribution to your expenses including meals and drinks
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Regular one-one & group supervisions
- Monthly work plan received at least 2 weeks before the start of each month
- Up to £400 refer a friend scheme
- Employee loan facility
Please note that on average a full-time member of our team earns approximately £22,000 per annum based on their basic salary, 5 sleep ins and 1 overtime shift per month.
Nexus-Support is a small specialist provider working alongside 26 people with Autism and complex needs, and their families in the South Essex area. We provide a combination of community support and supported living services, mainly purchased directly by families via a personalised budget.
We are currently looking for a number of people who are interested in full & part time positions and who would relish the opportunity to begin or further develop their career in social care. In particular we are looking for people with a calm and gentle nature, a great sense of humour and who are interested in working with talented people who have a diverse set of characteristics and personalities. Be ready for community based activities, chilled out days and planning regular days out. Successful applicants will have a keen interest in sourcing and developing interesting and rewarding opportunities in the local community and be able to demonstrate a willingness to understand the social and sensory needs that a person with Autism and complex needs may face. It's vital that following your initial training and coaching you are able to work autonomously using your own initiative and creativity within a range of settings including specialist schools, college and other community resources.
As a successful applicant you will after a period of coaching, training and development be working on a 1-1 basis with the same person throughout the day. On average the monthly work plan for a full time member of the team will be designed around 3 to 5 of our customers enabling you to establish a long-term rapport and understanding of the people you will be working alongside.
Your role will focus on:
- Supporting people on a 1-1 basis to access a range of mainstream community settings including college as well as volunteering and work opportunities.
- Enabling the person you are supporting to meet like-minded people and develop these relationships.
- Facilitating opportunities for the person you are supporting to further develop their interests, skills and talents.
- As a new member of our team you will receive the necessary coaching from existing and experienced members of our team, receive ongoing training including access to Level 2, 3 and 5 in Health and Social Care plus more specialist opportunities bespoke to your development needs and those of the people you are supporting.
You will be provided with regular supervisions, attend regular group supervisions specific to the people you are supporting and contribute to our ongoing support planning, risk assessment and behaviour strategy processes.
Please note that applicants are required to have a UK driving licence and access to a vehicle to use for work purposes. Unfortunately at this time we are unable to progress an application where this criteria is not met.
If you are interested in this role and feel you have what it takes to make a real difference in people's lives, then please apply ensuring you provide a contact number. We will then arrange to call you to discuss the role and answer any questions you may have. Interested applicants will then be asked to attend an introduction session where they will have an opportunity to meet some of the people we support before attending an interview.
Click here to view Job Description - Personal assistant
Click here to view Person Specification - Personal assistant
Click here to download Nexus Support Job Application Form
Click here to Apply Online