Self Directed Support
Nexus welcomes the introduction of Self Directed Support and the wider agenda of ‘Putting People First' and has developed the services it provides within this context.
Nexus is set up to:
- Work with individuals that have chosen to manage their own personal budget and purchase the support they need.
- Work with representatives who are managing personal budgets and purchasing services on behalf of individuals.
- Work with Commissioners who are managing personal budgets and purchasing services on behalf of individuals.
- Hold and administer an individual's personal budget on their behalf, provide support where required and purchase services from a third party as detailed in their support plan.
In addition to the above, Nexus recognises the importance of providing services that can respond and adapt in a flexible and personalised way to the inevitable changes that happen in people's lives as they grow in confidence, progress towards their aspirations and fulfil their potential. To achieve this Nexus will:
- Work in partnership with the individual, their families and/or the people important to them to ensure their support plan remains live, fluid and progressive.
- Provide information, guidance and where appropriate support to organise and secure the resources, support and services detailed in the individual's on-going support plan.